Machined High-Frequency Center Probe Test & Burn-in Socket for BGA, CSP, & MLF Packages
- Aries unique universal socketing system allows the socket to be easily configured for any package, on any pitch (or multiple pitch) from 0.2mm or greater, in any configuration, with little or no tooling charge or extra lead-time.
- For Test & Burn-In of CSP, µBGA, Bump-Array, QFN, QFP, MLF, DFN, SSOP, TSSOP, TSOP, SOP, SOIC, LGA, LCC, PLCC, TO and any SMT package style made. Also can be compatible with PGA packaged devices.
- Quick and Easy Probe Replacement System: the complete set of probes can be removed and a new set (interposer) can be inserted quickly and easily. The old set can be returned to the factory for repair and sent back within one day.
- Solderless Spring-Probes pressure mount to the test board and device solder ball or pad.
- Only 0.077 [1.96] signal path.
- Very low inductance and capacitance.
- Small footprint allows max. use of test board area.
- Chip guides allow accurate device location.
- Spring loaded contacts provide high cycle life.
- 4-point edge male contacts provide accurate mating.
- Socket locating posts provide accurate socket location to board.
- Bottom contact allows for via in center of PCB pad.
CLEANING, HANDLING, MOUNTING
& PROBE REPLACEMENT INFO GENERAL SPECIFICATIONS
- SOCKET BODY MATERIAL: Torlon PAI
- HARDWARE: Stainless Steel
- SPRING-LOADED CONTACTS: Au-plated BeCu
- CONTACT RESISTANCE: <40mΩ
- ACCEPTS SOLDER BALL SIZES: 0.15mm-0.93mm
- ESTIMATED CONTACT LIFE: 500,000 cycles
- CONTACT FORCE...
: 6g per contact on 0.20-0.29mm pitch
: 15g per contact on 0.30-0.35mm pitch
: 16g per contact on 0.40-0.45mm pitch
: 25g per contact on 0.50-0.75mm pitch
: 25g per contact on 0.80mm pitch or larger
- PROBE SELF INDUCTANCE: 0.51nH (large probe); 0.59nH (small probe)
- INSERTION LOSS: 1dB to 10.1GHz (larger probe @ 0.80mm pitch); 1dB to 18.7GHz (smaller probe @ 0.50mm pitch)
- SUGGESTED LOCATING PIN HOLE SIZE: 0.063 [1.6mm] 2 places
- SUGGESTED MOUNTING HOLE SIZE: 0.120 [3.05mm] 4 places for #4-40 screws
- TEST PCB MINIMUM DIAMETER "G"...
: 0.025 [0.64] (large probe 0.80mm pitch and larger)
: 0.015 [0.38] (small probe 0.50-0.79mm pitch)
: 0.012 [0.31] (small probe 0.40-0.49mm pitch)
: 0.009 [0.23] (small probe 0.30-0.39mm pitch)
: 0.004 [0.10] (small probe 0.20-0.29mm pitch)
- TEST PCB DIA. SPRING-PROBE PAD PLATING: 30µ min. [0.75µ] Au per MIL-G-45204 over 30µ [0.75µ] min. Ni per SEA AMS-QQ-N-290. Pad must be the same height as top surface of PCB. Please refer to the Custom Socket Drawing supplied by Aries after receipt of your order for your specific application.
- Center Probe 0.4mm Socket Return Loss Test
- Center Probe 0.5mm BGA Socket Electrical Performance
- Center Probe 0.5mm Socket Return Loss Graph
- Center Probe BGA 0.8mm Socket Electrical Characterization
- Center Probe Contacts Decibel Frequency Graph
- Center Probe CSP Socket DC Cycling
- Center Probe CSP Socket DC Measurement
- Center Probe CSP Socket RF Cycling
- Center Probe CSP Socket RF Measurement
ALL DIMENSIONS IN INCHES [MILLIMETERS]
CONSULT FACTORY FOR OTHER SIZES & CONFIGURATIONS
ALL TOLERANCES ±0.005 [±0.13] UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED
DETAILED DEVICE DRAWING MUST BE SENT TO ARIES TO QUOTE AND DESIGN A SOCKET
PRINTOUTS OF THIS DOCUMENT MAY BE OUT-OF-DATE AND SHOULD BE CONSIDERED UNCONTROLLED
CUSTOMIZATION: In addition to the standard products shown on this page, Aries specializes in custom design and production. Special materials, platings, sizes, and configurations can be furnished, depending on quantity. NOTE: Aries reserves the right to change product specifications without notice.
“-24HL” HINGED LID VERSION SHOWN
“-24DL” DOUBLE-LATCHED REMOVABLE LID VERSION SHOWN
FULL-ARRAY SHOWN AS AN EXAMPLE; YOUR SPECIFIC DEVICE PATTERN/FOOTPRINT WILL BE SUPPLIED WHEN ORDERED.
“-24HL” HINGED LID VERSION SECTION
Download Data Sheet 24010, Rev 1.5